June 11, 2013 Klamath to Arcata 48 miles
Today Rusty started out from Klamath and rode 24 miles . He describes it as "hard and easy with just enough hills to keep it interesting". I drove out on the route and caught up with him. He said he had done enough miles for the day and asked if I wanted a turn. I rode another 24.
The scenery is so beautiful! It looks like our home in "Vacation Land" but we never tire of it. And I was reminded how good a PB&J can taste along the ride! Ahhhh, sweet memories!
We stayed at Eureka KOA ($26). Tried to arrange accommodations with the hospitality organizations Warm Showers and Coach Surfing but no luck. We have been host to many touring cyclists over the last several years.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment